Home Sweet Maison
The French Art of Making a Home
On Sale: 03/13/2018
Spend $49 and get FREE shipping on HC.com
Home Sweet Maison
We'd love you to buy this book, and hope you find this page convenient in locating a place of purchase.
Select a Bookseller - Direct Link to Buy
The broadest selection of online bookstores. The links will take you to the Web site's homepage. From there you can navigate to the title you are interested in.
Interest-specific online venues will often provide a book buying opportunity. Click here for a list of interest-specific sites grouped by category.
If you are located outside the U.S., the best way to order online is to choose from the following bookstores listed by region and country.
French Women Don’t Get Fat meets The Little Book of Hygge in this lively, sophisticated, and practical illustrated lifestyle guide that shows how to enjoy la belle vie—to live like the French every day—transforming your house into a home defined by beauty, family, and accessible elegance.
How do the French create the elusive and alluring sanctuaries they call home? This question long intrigued Danielle Postel-Vinay. Thanks to a chance encounter with a French expat in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and years of immersive research, she embarked on a quest to discover the secrets of the French home aesthetic.
Experiencing first-hand la belle vie—the beautiful life—Postel-Vinay now shows everyone how to create their own French sanctuary, a home sweet maison, no matter where they live. Providing more than just interior decorating and design tips, Postel-Vinay teaches you how to foster the warmth, beauty, and rituals inherent in the French home and create an environment better suited to living a rich, full, connected life. At the center of the book is the idea that your house should be a reflection of you, your hobbies, your family history, your rituals, all the things that make your life unique. A happy home is a home that expresses your rituals and your taste, not one that relies on prefab décor from a mass retailer.
Home Sweet Maison takes a room-by-room approach to show how the French view:
- The Aesthetic: why the objects in your home matter, why minimalism is overrated, and why the French always choose the perfect décor for their salons
- The Practical: how to use mise-en-place, or the French art of organization, in your kitchen, and how to find the right stain-removing potions to create your own French laundry
- The Sensual: the way the French employ scent in their home as a personal signature
- The Philosophical: the idea that every room in a French house has a specific purpose, and that the activity in one room should never bleed into the others
Home Sweet Maison encapsulates the very heart of the French way of seeing the world: set the table formally, adhere to all the conventions of ritual and tradition, then take pleasure in indulgence. It’s about using French concepts and routines to change our homes, our relationships, and our lives for the better.
- ISBN: 9780062741691
- ISBN 10: 0062741691
- Imprint: Dey Street Books
- On Sale: 03/13/2018
- Trimsize: 5.50 in (w) x 7.25 in (h) x 0.94 in (d)
- Pages: 288
- List Price: 22.99 USD
- BISAC1: HOUSE & HOME / Cleaning, Caretaking & Organizing
- BISAC2: HOUSE & HOME / Decorating
- BISAC3: DESIGN / Interior Decorating
“Written with charm and precision, Home Sweet Maison is both a guide to creating unique and beautiful spaces, as well as an insightful and fascinating exploration of French culture...[it] shows us how to bring French warmth and elegance to our own homes and, in turn, lead richer, more connected lives.” - Ann Mah, author of Mastering the Art of French Eating and The Lost Vintage
У нашей компании интересный веб портал с информацией про Виагра профессионал pills24.com.ua