Barking Up the Wrong Tree
The Surprising Science Behind Why Everything You Know About Success Is (Mostly) Wrong
On Sale: 05/16/2017
Spend $49 and get FREE shipping on HC.com
Barking Up the Wrong Tree
We'd love you to buy this book, and hope you find this page convenient in locating a place of purchase.
Select a Bookseller - Direct Link to Buy
The broadest selection of online bookstores. The links will take you to the Web site's homepage. From there you can navigate to the title you are interested in.
Interest-specific online venues will often provide a book buying opportunity. Click here for a list of interest-specific sites grouped by category.
If you are located outside the U.S., the best way to order online is to choose from the following bookstores listed by region and country.
Wall Street Journal Bestseller
Much of the advice we’ve been told about achievement is logical, earnest…and downright wrong. In Barking Up the Wrong Tree, Eric Barker reveals the extraordinary science behind what actually determines success and most importantly, how anyone can achieve it. You’ll learn:
• Why valedictorians rarely become millionaires, and how your biggest weakness might actually be your greatest strength
• Whether nice guys finish last and why the best lessons about cooperation come from gang members, pirates, and serial killers
• Why trying to increase confidence fails and how Buddhist philosophy holds a superior solution
• The secret ingredient to “grit” that Navy SEALs and disaster survivors leverage to keep going
• How to find work-life balance using the strategy of Genghis Khan, the errors of Albert Einstein, and a little lesson from Spider-Man
By looking at what separates the extremely successful from the rest of us, we learn what we can do to be more like them—and find out in some cases why it’s good that we aren’t. Barking Up the Wrong Tree draws on startling statistics and surprising anecdotes to help you understand what works and what doesn’t so you can stop guessing at success and start living the life you want.
- ISBN: 9780062416049
- ISBN 10: 0062416049
- Imprint: HarperOne
- On Sale: 05/16/2017
- Trimsize: 6.00 in (w) x 9.00 in (h) x 1.05 in (d)
- Pages: 320
- List Price: 26.99 USD
- BISAC1: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success
- BISAC4: PSYCHOLOGY / Social Psychology
- BISAC5: SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Success
“BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE is a masterpiece. Whether you are a connoisseur of self-help books, or despise them, you won’t be able to resist this recipe for living a better life.” - Robert Sutton, Stanford Professor and bestselling author of The Asshole Survival Guide: How to Deal With People Who Treat You Like Dirt
“In this compulsively readable, brilliant kaleidoscope BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE, Barker is your rollicking guide through the science of success. You’ll discover what pirates and inmates can teach us about honesty and generosity, how to network like the world’s greatest mathematician, and much, much more. - Daniel H. Pink, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Drive and To Sell is Human
“Delightfully puckish, evidence-backed and full of insight, this book answers questions about success that have puzzled us for far too long.” - Adam Grant, New York Times bestselling author of Originals and Give and Take
“This book is compelling because Barker’s irreverence is so consistently on-target, relentlessly puncturing the wisdom balloons that most need bursting.” - Robert B. Cialdini ,New York Times bestselling author of Influence and Pre-Suasion
В интеренете нашел нужный веб портал , он описывает в статьях про Лечение рака легких.
Был найден мной важный web-сайт на тематику http://sweet-smoke.com.ua.